Got it...I was in too much of a hurry - it <does> work in a 'virgin' stack - the problem is that I've been experimenting with doing my own stack decorations, and it seems like if the OS title bar buttons are missing, then you simply can't iconify, which is a pain, but makes some kind of sense...

Thanks again Sarah and Jaque for checking, though.

Mark