Message: 1
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:21:13 -1000
Subject: Re: Storing images
From: Sannyasin Sivakatirswami <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 01:25 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

 > put the imageSize of image theImage into theImageSize
 >   set the width of image theImage to theMagnification*item 1 of
 > theImageSize
   set the height of image theImage to theMagnification* item 2 of
 theImageSize
Very nice simplification, Jim:

Question: I haven't tested lately, but if you resize that image once,
say, a 50 percent reduction. Then later if  you apply a .5 to it again,
don't you end up with an image 1/4 the original size?  That's why i was
doing the restore business.

Sannyasin,

Actually it was your introduction of the image size property that gave me the idea. Being an old FORTRAN programer, I never made effective use of this ability in RR, always making do with the construction of global variables to do the job. But a property is a global variable without all the overhead (declaring it global everywhere you use it.)

So if you use your resizeImage handler and reference the *fixed* image size *property* rather than the current image size in the substack you needn't worry about past actions on the image.

Jim
--
Jim Hurley