Hi All,

I'm trying to password protect my application. The application is setup so that when it is built as a standalone, there is a small application file (.app or .exe) which holds the standalone settings, acts as a "Splash Screen" and has code triggered by the "savingStandalone" and "standaloneSaved" messages which copies files into the correct folders in the Standalone Folder structure. When the application is launched it just displays a Splash Screen and then runs .rev files that are located in a folder called "RunTime/Stacks". The RunTime folder is either inside the .app bundle on Macs or in the same folder as the .exe file on Windows.

This all works fine and I just want to add password protection to the .rev files once they have been copied.

To do this I use the following code, I've stepped through it and all the paths etc. seem ok and it runs without error the first time, however this code is called twice, once for Mac and once for Windows. When processing Windows I get an error saying that stack "X" is already in memory and do I want to purge it, save it or cancel. I've added code below to set the "destroyStack" property to true, but I still get the error.

Anyone have any ideas of how I can get around this?

All the Best
Dave

 put kApplicationPassword into myApplicationPassword
put StackFileGetFileList(myRunTimeStacksFolderPathName) into myRunTimeStackFileList
  set the itemDelimiter to "."
  repeat for each line myRunTimeStackFileName in myRunTimeStackFileList
    if item -1 of myRunTimeStackFileName <> "rev" then next repeat

put myRunTimeStacksFolderPathName & myRunTimeStackFileName into myRunTimeStackFilePathName set the password of stack myRunTimeStackFilePathName to myApplicationPassword
    save stack myRunTimeStackFilePathName

    set the destroyStack of stack myRunTimeStackFilePathName to true
    close stack myRunTimeStackFilePathName
  end repeat