I've been checking this out in case there is a problem with the store, but I haven't managed to make it not remove VAT after entering a valid VAT ID. Possibly if you start out the order in a different currency, switch to euros on a later screen, and don't click outside the box after entering your VAT ID? But I haven't actually seen this.

If anyone else does experience problems with this, please do drop a line to support, with as much detail as possible about the transaction, including currency, browser and platform information, and I'll continue to investigate.

Regards,

Heather