Just a reminder from the house of cubes...

Saving data inside a package works great, as long as one's backup scheme doesn't include reading the DATE from the application package. Changing data inside a folder in MacOSX does not change the date of the folder, and neither does it change in an .app package. I learned this the hard way midway in a big project and had to rebuild everything - I didn't have a recent backup. I now have handlers that save all the stacks or scripts or the entire package to an offsite server.