There is a "Focus with keyboard" check box in the properties of a regular button but not a popup button. I should have been more specific.

Bill

On Jul 21, 2008, at 6:36 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Bill Vlahos wrote:
Note there is no UI in the Properties of a button to set traversalOn. I had to do it from the message box. Not obvious for a beginner.

I recommend setting your Rev preferences to show labels as the "name of transcript property" (in the General prefs pane) rather than showing just the general description (which is the default.) That's the first thing I always do. It really helps if the inspector labels match the scripting keywords (and it helps newcomers learn the language faster too.) If you do that, you'll see "traversalOn".

One last question... How do I refer to the calling object (in this case the field) to send the action to? Lets say I have multiple fields that I want to use this for so I want to cut the selected text in the field I right clicked in. The menuPick handler is in the button.

Assuming there is some text selected in the field, you'd want either "the selection" (which is the text itself) or the "selectedChunk", which is a description of where the text is. If you get the selectedChunk, the last part of the description is the field, and you can parse that out. If you just want to operate on the text, you can do things like "copy the selection".

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]