Hello Ken and thanks again. I am already using a script to locate copies of FileBuddy and so far it seems to work on the few machines I've tested. But thanks for suggesting it because it was dumb luck I ran across this script.

  put "find /Library/Receipts -name *PlistBuddy" into tFindScript
  put shell(tFindScript) into tPlistBuddyList

I then figure out which has the most recent creation date and go with that one.

My fixPath() routine doesn't take all the same characters into account.... I'll be using yours!

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/