Peter Alcibiades wrote:

What do people usually do when launching an app using a splash stack, to check if the main stack successfully opens?

Do you use try, or do you write a custom error handler?

I am wondering how to take care of the case of main stack corruption. I'd like to have something that if the stack doesn't load, it does a series of things to restore from the ~ file.

Corruption of a stack file per se is very rare with Rev - background info:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-June/017959.html>
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-June/018033.html>

And because a standalone can't write to itself, corrupted standalones are even rarer than stack files.

That said, a host of other issues (low memory, etc.) can also affect whether a standalone will be able to successfully complete its initialization.

For that reason I don't use a splash screen as my main stack, but instead use an error message as the anchor window, as explained in the second half of this post:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-December/027718.html>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal