Sorry:
I should have added that this way of doing never mix any line of code with user's data in the same file.
And I think it important.

Le 31 juil. 08 à 17:23, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

Bonsoir à tous,

Le 31 juil. 08 à 17:03, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

Bert Shuler wrote:
I have a main stack with 2 sub stacks.
I use the sub stacks as a db, flipping through the cards and saving them on changes. Now when making a standalone, the save does not save the sub- stack data.
What is the best way to use substacks for data?

As Eric noted, applications cannot modify themselves at runtime, so you'll want to break out any savable data stacks into a separate stack file.

Actually, I never save any stack that is a part of any application package. I always prefer to use externals files (text, xml, database, etc.) to save user's data or his preferences. And for stacks designed to run in the IDE (plugins, utilities) I create a custom propertyset in revpreferences stack. This ensures that files I have created can't be corrupted in any case :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.