Hello Heather,

Mark's use of filter answered your question nicely.

This chunking method illustrates another, less elegant, way of doing what your pseudo-code below describes.

  put field "theField" into tText
  replace "<" with (CR&"<") in tText
  replace ">" with (">"&CR) in tText

  -- build a new list without the "<" or ">" lines
  repeat for each line tLine in tText
    if ("<" is not in tLine) AND (">" is not in tLine) then
      put tLine &CR after tNewText
    end if
  end repeat
  put tNewText