On Aug 4, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Martin Baxter wrote:

Devin Asay wrote:

1. The html entity for the Euro symbol is "¤"

I guess you are a mac user Devin? The html entity for the euro symbol
used in web pages is "€". "¤" may give you the euro symbol
on a mac, IIRC mac roman replaced its currency symbol with the euro
symbol some years back, but on Windows here I get the dear old currency symbol when I use "¤" and, in Revolution, "€" just displays
unmodified, unfortunately.

Would be nice if € worked, I can't think of any reason why it
couldn't. I've used € or numtochar(128) on windows when needed.

Wow, that's really curious, and disturbing. On my Mac, if I do

        set the htmlText of fld 1 to "€"

I get, as you do, the string "€" in the field. And ¤ gives a Euro symbol on Mac, and the generic "circle atop an X" symbol on Windows. All along, I've just assumed that html entities were the same across platforms. I mean, isn't that the point?

It looks like the only reliable way is to use unicode.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University