Le 6 août 08 à 16:53, Eric Chatonet a écrit :

To be frank, I don't understand:
Below is your code snippet simplified.
What it does?
It stores a variable into a custom property: so far so good ;-)
But what more?
Please, enlighten me :-)

on mouseUp
   ask "Name of pseudo variable:" with "anExample"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into varName
   ask "value of variable" && varName
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into varValue
   set the myProps[varName] of me to varValue
answer "Do you want to retrieve the value of your variable?" with "Cancel" or "OK"
   if it is "OK" then
answer "This is the value of variable" && varName & ":" && the myProps[varName] of me
   end if
end mouseUp

the OP's code was
I did try this:

repeat for each line lineListOne in listOne
  repeat for each line lineListTwo in listTwo
    put "test" into (lineListOne & lineListTwo)
  end repeat
end repeat

and this (though I was sure it didn't work):

repeat for each line lineListOne in listOne
  repeat for each line lineListTwo in listTwo
    put (lineListOne & lineListTwo) into varName
    put "test" into varName
  end repeat
end repeat

and some other variants (using the value of...) but nothing is working.

Is that possible or do I have to "manually" initialize the variables that way:

put "test" into A1
put "test" into A2

I interpreted this code as an attempt to manipulate a variable designated by name only . I have not found a way to do so without using the "do" command, which you rightfully pointed out as a solution (but perhaps someone in the list knows of another way).

My only point is that custom properties are a way to store and retrieve data labeled with a string which is itself stored in a variable. It is probable that arrays would also do the trick, but I do not know arrays enough to elaborate on this.

My apologies if I am not very clear, but Revolution programming is just a hobby to me and since I am on vacation, I have some time to experiment some code, this should be over next week :-(

Best regards,
François