Hi Heather: you should check out the "Message Mechanics" stack by list member Dar Scott. A well-written stack and essential learning experience to get you head around messages and timers. Many AHA moments. Then you can do other stuff while your timer runs.

http://www.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html

A Primer on Message Mechanics. This module (stack file) is a primer on using send, cancel, pendingMessages and callbacks. Those are the basic Revolution components needed to get your stacks to do several things at the same time. The primer starts from the basics and builds on those, providing examples and details along the way. It is 88 tiny pages long and if that is not long enough for you, note that it is set up so you can add your own pages. It is fun and... It is Free!

Ugh. Sorry for another probably easy/obvious one to you clever folk, but I
can't seem to work out how to do this (and probably shouldn't be at this
time as I'm just about falling asleep, but it's driving me crazy as it was
supposed to be a quick simple thing to do):

Making a timer, with just one button and one field.

Cheers,
Heather - Who's toddler and teenager messed with most of her brain cells
today.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o