Hi Christian,

The text encoding in fields is respected when you move your stack from one platform to another. All text in fields is converted to make it display correctly in other operating systems. Data in properties is not converted, because this would corrupt the data.

An easy way to overcome this problem might be to save your strings in a field and retrieve the data from this field instead of a custom property.

The correct way to do this would be to create profiles not only for each language but also for each platform. You would need a number of profiles equal to number of languages times number of platforms.

For a long time, profiles caused a lot of problems. if you use profiles, I would recommend testing your software extensively, with special attention for profiles, before distributing it.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com