Context:
> I am trying to make a repeat structure that deals with an >unknown number of
> images located along a given line.
> The line is the diagonal of a currently selected group.
> How can I define that line and does it have to be actually >be drawn before
> referring to it?

Thank you Colin, Eric, Joe and Ken for your considerations.
Sorry I am always light years behind the speed with which you all reply but I
usually wade through about 4 batches of UseRev posts every evening.

Yes, I had instinctively typed bottomRight but then saw an example in the docs
(2.8) that said rightBottom so I changed it (although I have never heard that
used in English). Now, today, I can only find bottomRight in the Dictionary
(2.9)!

Luckily, my base image is a thin rectangle that runs diagonally along the line
I was describing and the images to be dealt with are placed along it, so this
excludes the transparent part of the rect. Unluckily, they are also placed over
holes in the PNG image itself so Rev might not detect them. Thus the idea of
describing a line.
I was hoping to avoid checking every image that fell within the rect of the
larger image but maybe that will not take up too much time - once I get the
script working.

Could I give a double definition in the repeat such as: images within the rect
of myGroup and the name of which contains "aName"?

As far as the Dictionary being confusing, look up the Example for Break in the
Summary(2.8). First it says that this breaks out of the entire Switch and then
out of the case. What's more the first word in lines 1 and 2 of the example
script seem to be inverted!

again, lots of thanks
Barry Barber