Hi Rob,

Hi Klaus,

FWIW, here is the information SDB maintains internally to handle multiuser access:

A list of DBs currently open by the user or client:
local clientDbList -- array by clientId:dbId1, dbId2, etc

A list of the current record position and access privileges for each user/client currently accessing any open DBs local dbClientList -- array by dbId:client id,writeAccessType,current position

The main indexes of every DB that has been opened since the user or the server app started
local indexList -- array by dbId:cardIndex

A list of locked records by DB
local lockedRecordList -- array by dbId: record id, client id

Path and generic locking options to each open DB
local sdbDbPathList -- array by dbId: db stack path, autoLockOn, readLocksEnforced

Information to support record translation if client and server are running on different platforms local sdbTranslationList -- array by clientId: 1=ASCII>ANSI, 0=None, or -1=ANSI>ASCII + tab & ipcProtocol [tp,ae,pc,dc,sf]

Thanks, but unfortunately our users demand a SQL database.

Rob Cozens

"I must be the change I want to see in the world."

-- Gandhi

Best

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]