Eric Chatonet wrote:

As I said in a previous post, it seems that you *must* require or set a property.
In your example you don't get or set a property.

Correct:  in the first example from my earlier post, that's true.

But in the post you quoted we seem to be on the same page:

It seems the "get" and "set" commands for properties are the unambiguous ones, and attempting to use chunk expressions with other commands (such as "delete") cause them to operate on the string which is the object reference, rather than the contents of the referenced object.

So you could write instead:

  get the text of tField
  delete line 2 of it
  set the text of tField to it