Mark,

Thanks, I should have just asked that. I knew it was an .ico file but wasn't thinking about natively reading the file.

I wonder if there is a way to access gif/bmp representations of a website in another way. I know that revBrowser will do a snapshot thumbnail and was hoping for another way to represent the page in a text field 'just like the favicons'.

Any ideas welcome, this is not a critical issue but a desire to do this cleanly.

Tom McGrath