On 2/21/03 12:24 PM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

That's right. Why is it like that? If I open a stack out of a folder which
is _not_ a standalone, the UI does not open with it. Even if I close , or
even if I leave it open and click on the Rev app in Rev's own folder, the UI
refuses to open.
IMHO, if a stack is not a standalone, then it should open with the UI, or at
least have it available, and also, you should be able to quit Rev, but you
can't.
The behavior is intentional and useful. To see how your stack will run without the development environment, you can double-click it in the Finder and it will run exactly as it would if you had compiled it as an app. This is very useful, and is still the only way to preview a stack application in MetaCard. Revolution added the "Suspend Development UI" option to its menus to accomplish the same thing. Since the behvior is directly coded into the engine, it is unlikely to change and can't be avoided -- and a discussion on the MC list a while back indicated that most people don't want it to. However, as a response to that discussion, MetaCard added an option where Command-clicking a stack in the Finder will open the stack with the development environment loaded, which allows you to choose how it will open.

The default behavior of the engine is to quit when the last window is closed. If you are still seeing Revolution in your application menu after closing the last visible window, then you probably have an invisible stack open somewhere. If you plan to open your stack from the Finder often, then it might be a good idea to insert a handler into the visible stack that closes all other stacks at the same time the visible one closes. Then Rev will quit.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [EMAIL PROTECTED]