After a few seconds of thinking (amazing what that can do for you...), I realised that the script as posted is pretty much useless. I transformed an existing script from a rawKeyDown handler of a field, omissing mission critical changes. So for having this done on every field on a card or in a stack the script should look like this:

on commandKeyDown Vkey
  if Vkey = "v" and the selection is not empty then
    put the clipboardData["text"] into the selection
  else
    pass commandKeyDown
  end if
end commandKeyDown

Therefore this proved sufficient in one of my projects:

on commandKeyDown Vkey
 if Vkey = "v" then

--

official ChatRev page: