iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html

On Nov 18, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

Hi Dave and Klaus,
enlightning :) I found my temp as you described under 1.
Why I wanted to find it? Because I write some stuff into it (which is being deleted after program end) and I wanted to SEE (with my eyes:), if I wrote
it to the right place.
Thanks Tiemo

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:use-revolution-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Klaus Major
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. November 2008 15:45
An: How to use Revolution
Betreff: Re: where do I find the temp folder on a Mac?

Hi Tiemo Hollmann,

Beeing not a Mac guy, I don't know where I find the temp folder on a
Mac. I
used the specialfolderpath("temp") and according to Kens website
(@Eric: I
used the docs!) it is supposed to be: /private/tmp/501/Temporary
Items, but
I don't see it. Actually I don't even find the "private" path. Is it
hidden,
and if yes, how to show it?

obviously there are more than ONE temp folder on OS X and they may be
even
different on other machines!

1.
put specialfolderpath("temp") -> /Users/klaus/Library/Caches/
TemporaryItems

BUT:
2.
put the tempname -> /private/var/folders/lK/lKjzn8FMEkS6hmXTm6HEDE++
+TQ/TemporaryItems/tmp0

VERY cryptic = geeky :-)

Why do you wan to "find" these folders?
Do you really want to check them in the Finder?

The easiest way to "go" there would be to simply uzse Rev to open
these folders :-)
Put this into the message box
launch document specialfolderpath("temp")

OR
set itemdel to "/";launch document (item 1 to -2 of the tempname)

Thanks

Tiemo

Best

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Regarding your last post:
Oh boy, shame on me ;(...

You know what to do?!!!

And this is the text you should HANDwrite 200 times:
I will use Erics merveillieux Revolution Search Engine the next time!

:-D