I've got a project that has numerous subStacks, to which I often make changes or enhancements. Numerous others use the same basic project, and in order to simplify updating their projects, I have the user run an "updater" stack, which among other things deletes the subStack that has been changed in their project, and adds a "copy of" that substack to their mainstack, and renames it back to its original name.

My problem comes when I then attempt to re-order the substacks in the mainstack. The below script works fine in Revolution versions previous to 3.0, but when run in 3.0 causes Revolution to shut down, and results in the original stack being left with only one substack.

If you want to download a test stack with half a dozen substacks, and the button installed in the mainstack, the URL is below.

http://ddm.geo.umass.edu/ddm-testReorderStacks-rev.zip

I caution you that you might want to make a copy of it, and run that copy because of how Rev 3.0, along with shutting down, changes the original multi-substack version to a single stack version before quitting.

Appreciate any help with this - it does look bad to tell users you have to use a previous version of Revolution to run this re-ordering script.

Chris

button script:

--re-order substacks
on mouseUp
  set the hilite of me to true
  put mainstacks() into listOfMainStacks
  put the num of lines in listOfMainStacks into numToDo
  repeat with x = 1 to numToDo
    if char 1 to 4 of line x of listOfMainStacks = "ddm-" then
      put line x of listOfMainStacks into thismainStack
      exit repeat
    end if
  end repeat
  set the cursor to busy
  lock Screen
  orderSubs thismainStack
    set the hilite of me to false
  beep
  answer "Done!"
  set the cursor to arrow
  set the hilite of me to false
end mouseUp

on orderSubs thismainStack
        get the substacks of stack thismainStack
        sort it
        set the substacks of stack thismainStack to it
        save stack thismainStack
end orderSubs

--
Dr. Christopher D. Condit, Associate Prof., Dept. of Geosciences Univ. Massachusetts, 611 North Pleasant St., Amherst, MA, 01003-9297
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  413-545-0272