On Nov 23, 2008, at 11:38 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

-= JB =- wrote:
I looked at my system prefs and now I see I do have Perian installed and know how to uninstall it too. It is the Swiss Army knife pref. I am not so sure I want to uninstall it since it provides the ability to see many different types of videos I can't see without it. Is there a way to download the
video in a format that will work with Perian installed?

I don't think so, the tutorials were encoded with the TechSmith codec and that's the only version available. You may be able to re- name the Perian component temporarily in the Finder, that might prevent its activation. It should be located in /Library/QuickTime/.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the info Jacque. I actually suspected that would be the answer. I will give
your suggestion a try later and tell you if it worked.

-=>JB<=-