On Nov 23, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

1) We *can't* use the new "do <script> as `VBScript`" for activating an application because it requires WScript, and WScript doesn't exist inside Revolution (see the online docs), so you *do* have to create a file and
execute it, AFAIK.

Ken,

I was able to modify your script slightly and get Windows to bring a Window forward using do as vbscript. Here is what I did:

1) Create a field and put this into it:

On Error Resume Next

Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Shell.AppActivate $theTitle

if Err.Number <> 0 then
    result = Err.Description & "(" & Err.Source & ")"
end if

2) Created a second field where I could enter the window name.

3) Created a button with the following script:

on mouseUp
   put the text of field 1 into theScript
   put the text of field 2 into theWindowNameOrID
   if theWindowNameOrID is not a number then
      put quote & theWindowNameOrID & quote into theWindowNameOrID
   end if
   replace "$theTitle" with theWindowNameOrID in theScript
   do theScript as "vbscript"
   put the result
end mouseUp

Clicking the button would bring the window to the front.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems