Hi Mark,

When I try the code below I get an error dialog.

on mouseUp
    put "Hello Mark" into theData
    put binaryencode("h*",theData) into dataEncoded
    put dataEncoded into fld id 1009
end mouseUp

Should I be able to put the encoded data in a field without
decoding it?  Any idea why this does not put something into
the field?

thanks,
-=>JB<=-