Le 8 déc. 08 à 19:25, Mark Wieder a écrit :

François-

cannot be a property of the control. On the practical side, if you
duplicate a control *including* the ID, you will end with two controls
having the same ID, which is a no-no. This ID stuff has to be managed
by the engine.

Right, but if there's no control with the id 9876 then I shouldn't be
prevented from saying

that's a big "if". I assume that the purpose of an object's ID is to be unique. This cannot be verified by a single user, IMHO. The closest thing that comes to my mind is when Apple, when launching the Mac, used a system to attach a creator to a file, which corresponded to a unique application. To enforce that uniqueness, Apple kept a repository of all four letter application signature, and any programmer which wanted to distribute an application was supposed to submit the signature for approval by Apple.

Now, of course, you can do anything you want (after all, it's only a bunch of 0s and 1s), but it would most probably defeat the purpose of an ID.

(BTW, "you" is a generic one, I do not me Mark specifically.)

cheers,
        Francois

create button
set the id of it to 9876

That's what prevents me from recreating a control entirely from its
properties.

--
-Mark Wieder