I just had a fatal motherboard crash on my old G4 iBook and switched in a hurry to a MacBook running Leopard (luckily didn't lose any data). I was using Panther on the G4, and I'm encountering the vicissitudes of Leopard. I've run into a problem. The archives show that this cropped up with Leopard when it first came out:

From: Ken Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Revolution Not Playing with Leopard
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user
Date: 2007-10-28 06:26:41 GMT (1 year, 6 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours and 21 minutes ago)

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:59:06 -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:

 I also jest installed leopard and all me buttons look like a windows
 program square and flat!.

This is one of the gotcha's so far in Leopard (I don't know if RunRev
can fix this), but if the button style you are using is "standard", but
the height of the button is more than 24 pixels, the style remains
internally as "standard", but it draws like a "rectangle" button.

I have some buttons that should look like standard (rounded ends) buttons that are now appearing as rectangle buttons. Is there a workaround for this??? It sort of destroys the coherence of my GUI -- I use a standard button for standard things like "find", changing backgrounds, etc, and a square button when clicking it will result in a group of controls dropping down for custom functions. Now the visual distinction between the two types is lost.

Something to do with the Appearance Manager? How do I fix this?

Peter M. Brigham