Hi Tiemo,

Digging hour after hour in the archives, the appropriate approach seems to be using the shell, but I have found different threads, some using zip, some tar and all using different parameters and don't know where to look for
these parameters.
Does anybody has a snippet for a shell zip, which works for folders with
subfolders and common file names.

Please remember that ZIP is not built-in into Windows (shell) as far as I know!

Here is what I use on the Mac to un-/ZIP files and folders, copied from one of
current projects:

## ZIP Mac-folder
## zmo = Variable holding a valid path to a folder
put QUOTE & zmo & QUOTE into folder1
put QUOTE & zmo & ".zip" & QUOTE into folder2
get shell("ditto -c -k --rsrc" && folder1 && folder2)
## Preserving the Mac resource fork!

## ZIP a Windows folder
put QUOTE & zwo & QUOTE into folder3
put QUOTE & zwo & ".zip" & QUOTE into folder4
get shell("ditto -c -k --norsrc" && folder3 && folder4)
## NOT Preserving the resource fork!

## UNZIP:
## Mac:
put q(the ims_installer_ordner of this stack & "iDual IMS Mac.zip" ) into d1
put q(mac_ordner) into d2
get shell("ditto -x -k --rsrc" && d1 && d2)

## Win:
put q(the ims_installer_ordner of this stack & "iDual IMS Win.zip" ) into d1
put q(win_ordner) into d2
get shell("ditto -x -k --norsrc" && d1 && d2)

Hope these snippets help.

Or a hint, where I can research the parameters for the shell zip on Mac?

Check "DITTO", enter this into the terminal:
man ditto

As well I didn't found any snippet for unzipping the stuff with the shell.
Does anybody knows. If a Bundle.app Zip on Win, made with WinZip is
compatible with a Rev-Shell unzip on Mac, or do I have to zip it on Mac?

Sorry, no idea.

Thanks
Tiemo

Best