William de Smet wrote:
I made an App in which customers and clothes are stored (all on their own
card).
I wanted a way to backup the 'store' in TXT files but today I decided to
backup the whole stack on closing the App.
It is primarily needed as backup in case the 'store' gets corrupted.

Any ideas are welcome!

Sounds like you have a good plan. Backing up the stack file is probably all you need, given how extremely rare file corruption is with Rev.

In fact, in the event that corruption should occur, here's a tip:

When saving a stack file with the "save" command, the Rev engine automatically makes a temporary backup copy, with the same name of the stack file preceded with a tilde (e.g., "~MyStack.rev"), which it deletes after the new file has been written and check-summed.

So if the power cuts off or something else weird happens that results in an incomplete save, just look for the tilde file and you'll at least have everything you had since your last completed save.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World