On Dec 30, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

Recently, Mark Talluto wrote:

I can confirm this problem.  I ended up creating a black background
stack and used that to cover the desktop.  That will do the job.

Thanks Mark -- how did you get the background stack to stay behind all other
stacks?

Hi Scott,

Brief history. I wanted to play animations that were in the flv format. They were not interactive in any way. It was just want the client had provided us. We could not get revBrowser to accept any messages like mouse clicks or rawKeyDowns... So we ended up making a stack that floated over the browser stack to accept mouse clicks. We used a third party flv player to play the content in revBrowser and this player gave us control over the sizing of the videos to be played plus a variety of other things.

In short, we ended up ditching the flvs and converted the content over to QT movies. This provided many benefits (full control and use of Trevor's QT external). I had to look up the handler that set this all up and it turns out we made the stack that held the browser full screen. We then used the third party player to control the dimensions of the flash player. Here is the relevant code. If you have any questions, please let me know.

--> PATIENT EDUCATION
on startBrowser pChosenAnimation
global gBrowserId, gTest, gInternetStatus, gPrefs, gDecryptedAnimation
     global gMiniDisplay, gMMDisplayNum

     put empty into gDecryptedAnimation

     --SIZE AND PLACE THE PATIENT EDUCATION STACK
     put monitorPlacement("Patient Education") into theResult
     put line 1 of theResult into tVres
     put line 2 of theResult into tHres
     put line 3 of theResult into tScreenLoc
     put line 4 of theResult into tRect

     --CREATE BACKGROUND FOR BROWSER
     hide menubar
     lock screen
     create stack "browser"
     set the resizable of stack "browser" to false
     set the decorations of stack "browser" to empty
     set the destroystack of stack "browser" to true
     set the rect of stack "browser" to tRect
     set the backgroundcolor of card 1 of stack "browser" to 0,0,0

     --CREATE STACK TO FLOAT ON TOP OF WEB BROWSER
     --TO RECEIVE INPUT FROM USER
     create stack "browser floater"
     set the resizable of stack "browser floater" to false
     set the decorations of stack "browser floater" to empty
     set the destroystack of stack "browser floater" to true
     set the rect of stack "browser floater" to tRect
     set the defaultstack to "browser floater"
     set the blendlevel of stack "browser floater" to 94
     unlock screen

     decryptAnimation pChosenAnimation

     put empty into tLocalAnimation
     put "file://" before tLocalAnimation
     put gDecryptedAnimation after tLocalAnimation
     replace " " with "%20" in tLocalAnimation
     put tLocalAnimation into gDecryptedAnimation

     --SETUP THE HTML CODE TO MANAGE THE EMBEDED FLV PLAYER
     setupHTML gDecryptedAnimation,tHres,tVres

     put (gPrefs & "mediaplayer/PatientEd.html") into tHTML
     put "file://" before tHTML
     replace " " with "%20" in tHTML
put revBrowserOpen(the windowid of stack "browser", tHTML) into gBrowserId

     if gBrowserId is not an integer then
          answer "Failed to open browser"
     end if

     --SIZE BROWSER
revBrowserSet gBrowserId, "rect", (0,0,the width of stack "browser",the height of stack "browser")
     unlock screen

     --REMOVE CHARTS FRONTSCRIPT
     removeFrontScript
     removeGodFrontScript

     put "patient education" into gTest

     --SET UP THE FRONTSCRIPT TO MANAGE PATIENT EDUCATION
     insertFrontScript

     set the vis of stack "media center" to false
     toplevel stack "browser"
     toplevel stack "browser floater"

     --MOVE THE MOUSE OUT OF THE WAY
     set the itemdel to ","
     put the screenrect into temp
     set the screenmouseloc to (item 3 of temp),(item 4 of temp)
end startBrowser