While I am not a huge fan of this method, apparently the only way to do this is with player objects.

I'd vastly prefer HC's 8 sound channels.

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Thierry wrote:

Hi,

just released my first full *multimedia* app in Revolution.

A personalized memory game for a 6 years kid as a birthday present.

A lot of animations, many sounds, synchro between sounds and animation....

It was an interesting work to learn some part of Revolution I never played with.

From this, I would like to go further, and can't see anywhere how ( if possible )
to manage many sounds together. Let's say one music in a background, and some
"tchoin" or "boing" when someone pass over a button, image.... or click....
Should work on Mac and PCs
a plus if it could work on Linux too.

I found that there is a small ellapsed time when you start a sound by setting the filename
of the player.... Any ways to increase the speed ? ( more responsive )

Thanks for any links or hints on this topic

Regards,
Thierry