Has anyone written a timeline stack/group?

I have looked at the software about, which looks luscious (especially Bee docs timeline) but it doesn't allow notes etc to be added, or vertical timelines with information attached to left and right 'branches' of an event. I can't find my veteran HC 'CaseLiner stack anymore, which over 15 years ago did what I want, albeit not lusciously at all.

(When I say 'timeline', I don't mean a Gantt chart, but the line with stalks and information flags, type of thing)

Best

David Glasgow