On 15.02.09 at 20:40 -0800 Mark Wieder apparently wrote:
Kay-

 What would you like to see in an editor that's not in the ones available
 yet?

 clippings/boilerplates
 find differences
 parentheses balancing

conditional balancing
folding conditionals
macros
integrated version control
integrated lint
refactoring support
plugin facility for tools

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwie...@ahsoftware.net

also
powerful Search/Replace which optionally uses GREP
with optional Find All search mode
cTags
a number of little things... including the feel

BBEdit offers an applevents suite to make such an integration easier:
http://www.barebones.com/support/develop/odbsuite.html

An additional factor for me: since I use BBEdit to work with most other things I do, having to switch to Rev's editor on and off requires an additional effort, I mean cognitive/mental effort, like having to switch in my brain to a different set of keyboard shortcuts and other operational aspects. Not really a big deal in the big scheme of things but... don't we all like a bit of comfort? Bear in mind, I have been using BBedit for 17-18 years.

Robert