Hiya,

No problem!

I do Mac, Linux and Windows. I get these things from trying to get the same info from all of them. If you need any help, let me know.

Cheers,

Luis.

On 20 Feb 2009, at 10:35, Jim Sims wrote:

On Feb 20, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Luis wrote:

Hiya,

You could parse the Event Log ('eventvwr' on the command line) and check for Event ID 6005, which has the start time for the Event Log. Not too sure if 6006 or 6008 indicates when it has stopped, although I think you'd only need the start time and work out the rest from there. Event ID 6009 should time with the start of the Event Log, and also includes the Windows version info, it that's of any use...

The PsTools from Microsoft have the 'psloglist' command line tool that give you access to remote machines and includes authentication access (can also dump the file to the server).

Another option is to use the built in script: cscript %systemroot% \system32\eventquery.vbs Append '-?' (without the quotes!) to get the switches. You'll find in there several formats for the output file.

Thanks a bunch Luis! Look like great tips for this OS X user who only occasionally uses Windows.

sims