DunbarX wrote:

I dug out my old copy of the v.2 User Guide.

This guide has stuff in it that the v.3 guide does not. It has a short section on "Complex chunk expressions", where it states:

- chars can't contains words
- words can't contain items
- items can't contain lines

Now I know what "must be small to large" means; its right in the book, and apparently has been for a while. On the streamlining of the Rev parser, having to use parens or quotes is a small price to pay not to have HC forebearance. Rebecca's script ditty is hilarious. How many would get it? How many would laugh?

There are plenty of other goodies in that book, as I say, that ought not to have been discarded in the v.3 User Guide. Its organization is different, read odd, but still...

Good catch on the docs.

Anyone know if this is completely gone or merely moved?

If it's gone, it would make a good enhancement request to put it back:
<http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World