Message: 7
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:37:01 -0700
From: Jim Ault <jimaultw...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ANN: Kaleidoscopes for all seasons
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
delsp=yes

This looks like Rev 3.0 or higher is required.
I am using 2.9 and can only use the first card.

All three card cards work here on 2.9, except for the 3rd card using the 3D option.

I think I see what is happening on card 2 running 2.9. The Rainbow option does use the gradient effects, so if you start with the Rainbow option RR has nowhere to go when it gets to colorization. Surprising that it does not run and an error. It appears to think the MouseDown handler is just trying to set a custom property--that's just my guess.

But if you run with the "Multichromatic" option FIRST, Run Rev 2.9 uses the colors assigned to the line graphic objects in the "Multichromatic" option. Try running the second card with that option first and see what happens. Works here. Scott drew those 3D effects on the balls using 3.0's new gradient effects. RR will allow the setting of custom properties generally but balks at the form of the gradientData input to the "fillGradient."

clicking "START" on the 'ball card'
in 2D mode works
in 3D mode gives this error:
Array: bad index expression
Object  BallGradientLib
Line    set fillGradient of pObj to gradientData
Hint    button id 1156 of card id 1159 of stack "Paint a Kaleidoscope"

I really like the first card effects.  Very cool.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
*

JB wrote:

I really like your stack but I downloaded this version and can't see any
difference between it and the first one posted.

-=>JB<=-

Check out the "Rainbow" option on the second card.
In my mind this makes an important difference in the drawing speed as well as the smooth transitions using the color gradient.

EVERYONE:

So here are the instructions I should have included for everyone running 2.9:

Everything will work after a fashion. But:
1) On the second card run the multichromatic option first. There will be no difference between the Multichromatic option and the Rainbow option.
2) On the third card only the 2D option runs.

Jim Huley