Please tell me if this adds up.

With the Windows version of my software, I had been placing the startup application in a Program Files directory and all the other stacks and data files in a directory within the users Documents folder. This seemed the easiest way to work around the Vista "virtual store" issue, so that frequent updates to Rev stacks always ended up in the same folder (this program automatically updates itself during startup).

This software of mine pulls videos into a directory in the users Documents folder (via an ftp address). It seems that Windows Defender (depending on the settings) could block those video files from going into this directory. I see them uploading, but at the last moment, they don't quite end up in the directory. When I turned off Defender (or told Defender to exclude itself from defending that directory), the videos transferred fine.

First of all, does this sound like a plausible explanation for the transfer problem? Is this what Defender is designed to do... stop this kind of transfer into the Documents directory? If so, is there a better solution to this problem than having to ask my users to modify their copy of Defender to create this exception?

Thanks.
Richard Miller