On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Ian McKnight wrote:

Is this the correct way to create a table view of data held in an
array? Is the first method I tried specifically for tab delimited
lists?

Hi Ian,

When you set the dgData of a data grid table, the data grid will look for a column name that matches the name of each key in the array you assign, titleArray in your case. If you have a column that matches then the data grid will try to draw the data in your array.

By default the data grid assumes the value of the column is text and a cell with a field will be created for displaying the text. You only need to customize the column behavior if you want to display data of another type.

And finally I was able to modify the table view by accessing the
template view of the individual column, which contains a group instead
of a field (as in the FORM layout),  and replacing the field in this
group with a list field. All works perfectly. But how can I put an
image into a column? When I modify the column template to include a
image, the image will not display. I'm trying to take advantage of the
TABLE's sorting facility.

Does the name of the key in your array that stores the image have a matching column name? If so, what does your code look like that is trying to load the image into the column?

I will also mention that you can sort forms as well, you just don't get the prefab headers. I don't think I've added it to the docs yet but the call is:

SortDataByKey pKey, pType, pDirection, pCaseSensitive

pKey is the key in your array to sort by.
pType and pDirection are same as options in Revolution sort.
pCaseSensitive should be self explanatory.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems