Hi Yves,

I wouldn´t say I am experienced with this either. :)

This might shed some light though:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System#Domain_registration

If you cancel the subscription with your current provider, you will need to make sure that your domain still can be found on the intertubes. You will have to find a service that registers your domain name for you and points all requests to www.mydomain.com to on-revs name servers. I hope people who already did that will chime in here. As far as I understood that is not too complicated though and does not cost much.

Cheers,