This: "problems with images inside invisible buttons disappearing before being clicked"

has caused me considerable grief in the past; owing almost entirely to my stupidity:

imagine a button which references an image 'tucked away' on the same card as its icon -

NOW, the image is referenced by its object number (e.g. 1002).

So, I, unthinkingly copied a whole lot of buttons and the images they referenced as icons from one card across many subsequent cards. The buttons lost their icons the next time the stack was opened
because the images they referenced had acquired new object numbers.

As a consequence of learning the hard way I tend to use imported images as buttons rather than buttons qua buttons that reference images; if I really feel an urge to have different icons representing different button states then each button has to be set up individually and cannot then be copied across to another card without re-referencing the icon images.

stephen barncard wrote:
Hold on a minute. I've had problems with images inside invisible buttons
disappearing before being clicked. Is this the case?

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://barncard.com