Le 6 mai 09 à 14:20, Richard Miller a écrit :

I have a standalone, which opens several other stacks. Is there a way to have any of these other stacks access an external WITHOUT having to "set the externals" of the standalone?

It's much easier for me if I need only modify one of the stacks. I'd like to avoid modifying the standalone.

I've tried:

1. using the "set the externals" command in the preopenstack handler in one of the stacks (i.e. not the standalone app), but this didn't work during runtime;

can't work this way.
the property externals has to be set before opening a stack, or the other
way round you must set the external before saving your stack !!!!

2. setting the externals of one of the stacks in the development environment (so I can see that the external is being referenced in the stack property inspector). This didn't work during runtime.

one way to do this: build a templatestack, setting the externals in the templatestack, then create a stack, open it, and then, may be: "start using your stack".....
this should be cross-platform.

HTH,
THierry