Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a couple of months here (and for a couple of years on the forums) but I havn't had much to say. Anyway, it's been very interesting reading so far and I'm looking forward to learning even more in the future :)

Oh, and I have a small problem regarding datagrids that I hope someone can help me with:

I'm writing a small report viewer app that loads a textfile with tagged data and then displays it in various text fields and datagrids on several cards in my stack. So far I've only used datagrids with the table format but today I started converting one of these to a form format (which is more appropriate). I looked at the examples in the datagrid manual and managed to load the data into the array and then put it into the datagrid. The layout didn't work as expected though.

One of the fields ("Rang") is supposed to be at the far right of the control while the other fields (at the moment) is displayed left aligned along the left border of the control. I copied some code from the manual and wrote this code:

ON LayoutControl pControlRect
    local theFieldRect
    set the right of field "Rang" to item 3 of pControlRect -10
    put the left of field "Rang" of me into theLeft

  put the rect of field "Namn" of me into theRect
    put theLeft -10 into item 3 of theRect
    set the rect of field "Namn" of me to theRect

... and three more fields like the one above ....

    set the rect of graphic "Background" of me to pControlRect

END LayoutControl

When I load the data into the datagrid the line no 1 and 7 is displayed correctly (at the most there are 10-12 lines to display at the moment). The other lines has the "Rang"-field displaying in roughly the centre of the control, not at the right as it's supposed to. The other controls in those lines correctly aligns to this faulty position and isn't long enough to display all the text I want them to. Oh and the controls on the naughty lines doesn't scale as I change the size of the window.

Anyone got any idea why only one in seven lines display correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Fredrik Andersson