Derek Bump wrote:
Is there any way to force my standalone to not use the ugly hand cursor
and instead use the cursors provided by Gnome or KDE?

If not, are there any other requirements for the cursor image that you
can set?  I have a 32x32 color cursor that I have set as the
defaultCursor of my stack and it causes the Linux standalone to crash
immediately.

Cursors can only contain 3 colors: black, white, and a custom color. The order of the colors in the color lookup table is also important, but if you get it wrong it won't crash, it will just display incorrectly. I used to know the right order but I've forgotten now.

One way to create a cursor that used to work was to import your 3-color image into the stack, select any paint tool, and click inside the image. Immediately undo. That used to set the color table correctly, but I haven't tried it in a long time.

You need to save your original image in a program that allows a 3-color CLUT. Four colors won't work.