On Jun 8, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Beat Cornaz wrote:

I followed the instructions, but it did not work. After that I experimented a bit over the weekend and found the 'problem'. The substack "Data Grid Templates 12343etc" got created all right, so no need for the "Data Grid Templates Dud" substack. The reason why the datagrids did not work in the standalone is that somehow the revdatagridLib did not load all right. After opening the separate stack "revdatagridLib" that you've sent me, I was told that the stack already exists in memory and I choose the 'Purge' option.

After quitting Rev you should backup and replace the "revdatagridlibrary.rev" stack in the ./Toolset/ folder of your Rev installation with the stack I sent you. The IDE will use this stack when it launches and when it builds the standalone.

Now in the "stacks" in the standalone settings (card 2) I saw the revdatagridLib as a separate stack and after completing the standalone it works all right now. I suspect it might have something to do, that I started the project in a pre 3.x version and just recently - because of the datagrids :-) , I downloaded the 3,5 trial version, where I am completing the project. I absolutely don't like the new editor (that was the reason I stayed on pre 3.x), but the datagrids and multidimensional arrays are great.

Now the datagrid works in the standalone. But I do not understand why it would not work in the beginning. Why do I have to explicitely load and include the revDatagridLib as it is already 'inside' of rev 3.5?

Try doing the replace I mentioned above and see if you run into any problems going forward.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems