Richard Gaskin wrote:
Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> I have 4 Macintosh computer keyboards (USB) and not a
> single one has an 'Option' key; where Apple used to
> have an 'Option' key there are 'Alt' keys - presumably
> to be more in sync with the PC world: I suppose their
> documentation (like somebody else's, cough, cough,
> cough) is lagging behind somewhat.

Are those Apple brand keyboards or from third parties?

Apple keyboards generally use Option:
<http://www.apple.com/keyboard/>

they are all Apple keyboards that came with the computers!

It may be that on "my side of the pond" they use Alt, and on
your side they use Option (c.f. pronunciation of 'tomatoes').

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World