Try this ;

Put "Dog" & cr & \
     "Cat" & cr into tTemp
 Put number of lines in word 1 to -1 of tTemp into tPreSortCount
 sort tTemp
 Put number of lines in word 1 to -1 of tTemp into tPostSortCount
Put "Pre-Sort, variable tTemp has" && tPreSortCount && "lines."& return &\
 "Post-Sort, variable tTemp has" && tPostSortCount && "lines."

Hope this help,

--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70