On Aug 12, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Joe F. wrote:

True, your comment at the bottom. But no mention of the "not equal"
sign "≠" which was widely used in Hypercard and works in Rev. I'm
surprised that compiling a standalone for Windows doesn't catch that.

The option width thing I haven't run into yet, but I'll be watching
for it.

So, as it all relates to my original question: Is there no repository
or list of these Windows standalone problems? It makes "cross platform
standalones" look like an unfinished feature.

Joe,

You may be right that there is no central repository for this kind of info. Some of us try to fill the void by making our own lists. Here's a couple of links I know of. Maybe others can chime in:

From my Rev class notes:
http://revolution.byu.edu/standalone/Distribution.html

From a talk Jacque gave a few years back at the Rev developers conference:
http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_standalone.html