I would look no further than the revMedia demo site and download the code that (I think) Bill Marriot did for conducting an on line poll. At least it's a good starting point.

len morgan

James Hurley wrote:

It
looks like you're trying to do a survey. Perhaps there's a better way
than simple email responses. If you have on-rev you could make a form
that collects response and allows only one vote per IP.
It could keep the tally in a simple text
file. Not idiot proof but fine for a small group. You should be able to do
the same thing using the plugin.

And yes, you could make a thing that gathers emails, but it would have to
allow 1 vote per email, and write some kind of form to work inside the
email. A lot more trouble, IMHO than making a simple web page.

-------------------------
Stephen Barncard
San Francisco
http://barncard.com
End of use-revolution Digest, Vol 71, Issue 25

Stephen,

You are probably right about using doing this on the  web.
I'm not concerned about duplicate "voting". This really a query about how people in the neighborhood are dealing with the fire insurance problem. I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills and as you know, California's rural areas burn down every summer and insurance is getting to be a problem.

The responses will be open ended narratives, so the reply windows need to scroll. I'm afraid my Web skill may not be up to the task. I need to work on this, particularly how to get the responses returned to me.

Thanks for your advice.

Jim Hurley