seems to work well.

Best,

Mark Smith

On 16 Aug 2009, at 22:42, BNig wrote:

Björnke,

would

----------
on mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    put field 1 into temp
    repeat while theLine > 0
        put lineoffset(cr&cr,temp) into theLine
        if theLine > 0 then delete line theLine + 1 of temp
    end repeat
    put temp into field 1
end mouseUp
---------------

not do it? it works for me, if I understand you correctly.
regards
Bernd

Björnke von Gierke wrote:

my main problem is that it's all based on lines. so finding the empty
lines allows me to dismiss the line after it, then parse the line
after that etc. (for example). Frankly there must be some way to find
the number of the first occurrence of an empty line, and get a result
in lines, not in chars, right? i really wish i could find it, there's
just too many words in this language to find the one for my specific
task ;-)