I'm talking to a microprocessor device using sockets and it returns a string like the following:

0,0x7BCC

The first item is a status code and the number after the comma is the hex value expressed as ASCII characters. It will always be 4 digits. I can't seem to convert this into a number (using baseConvert). Is there some conversion command that I can't find? I need a number because I'm after just one or two bits in that number and I can't use "bitAnd" unless I've got a number to work with.

len morgan